Join us as we celebrate National Day with the launch of SGChessHub at the newly renovated Jurong Spring Community Centre on 21 August 2021.
We look forward to restarting physical over-the-board sessions of the Chess Interest Group (IG) at Jurong Spring CC once the Covid-19 safety management measures have been relaxed. Meanwhile, let’s connect and play chess online together with our IG Leaders, chess masters and chess enthusiasts at the upcoming online blitz event.
Catch-up with fellow chessers from all over Singapore and form teams to compete for the Racial Harmony Team prizes.
All Individuals and Racial Harmony Team prizes are sponsored by the Jurong Spring CC with 3 Lucky Draw prizes specially sponsored by CM Olimpiu G. Urcan, historian, journalist and author of the lucky draw book prize – Singapore Chess : A History, 1945 – 1990 (co-authored with Dr Shashi Jayakumar).
Don’t procrastinate anymore. Sign up today!
List of Registered Players as of 14 August 2021 – Here
Rules and Prizes Information:
In collaboration with Jurong Spring Commnuity Club, #ChessAgainstCovid and SGChessUnited invite you to participate in the SGChessHub National Day Online Blitz Championship 2021. Along with celebrating our nation’s founding, this competition launches the SGChessHub @ Jurong Spring – a center for community chess in the west. Join us to win attractive individual and team prizes!
Registration closes on Tuesday, 17th [email protected] 11.59pm.
𝟏. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬
𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: 21st August 2021, Saturday
𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞: 2.00pm – 5.00pm [Partipants Check-in from 1.20pm]
𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐞𝐞: None
𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲: Singaporeans, Singapore PRs, Long-Term Residents or Student Pass, Work Permit, Employment Pass Holders or Individuals with a FIDE Singapore Flag (Winners may be required to provide proof of Citizenship/PR/Residency).
Although this is an individual competition, participants may register as a team consisting of 4 participants with a minimum of 2 ethnicities to compete for the Racial Harmony Team prizes.
Team rankings are calculated based on the total number of points scored by individuals in the team.
𝟐. 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦
𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥: Each player has 3 minutes + 2 seconds increment per move [with 1 minute interval between Rounds]
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭: Individual Open Competition, 11 Rounds Lichess Swiss Pairing. (Note: Players from the same team will not be paired to play against each other)
𝐓𝐢𝐞-𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 (𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬): Lichess Tie-break system will be used. First Tie-break – Total number of points after 11 Rounds (Win is 1 point, Draw is ½ point and Loss is 0 point). Second Tie-break – Sonneborn–Berger score.
𝐓𝐢𝐞-𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 (𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬): First Tie-break – Total number of points accumulated by team members after 11 Rounds. Second Tie-break – Sonneborn–Berger score for the team. Third Tie-break – Total direct encounter between members of the team.
• All participants are eligible for the Open Prizes while only female participants are eligible for the Women Prizes and only Seniors (above 50 years old) are eligible for the Senior Prizes.
• Participants must indicate which category prizes they are competing for. For Juniors, these includes categories for Boys/Girls Under-10 to Under 20. Individuals are not allowed to register for a category below their age.
• For Teams, these include categories for Racial Harmony Open and Age-Groups of U10, U14 and U20 Teams (ie Team must have members comprising of minimum 2 ethnicities). Teams must register for a category that all are eligible for (i.e. it must follow at least the oldest member of the team).
• Participants are only allowed to win 1 individual prize and 1 team prize. There will be no sharing of prizes. If participants are eligible for multiple prizes, they will receive the prize of higher value as explained below.
• If an individual qualifies for both an Open and Women/Senior prize, the former will be awarded. If an individual qualifies for both an Open/Women prize and a Junior Category prize, the former ie higher value prize will be awarded. Consequently, the next highest ranked individual within the category rankings will be awarded the category prize.
• However, teams are only allowed to win prizes within the category they have registered for.
• Organisers reserve the right to make adjustments to the prize list.
Open Category : 1st ($300 + T); 2nd ($$250 +T); 3rd ($200 +T); 4th ($150); 5th ($100); 6th ($90); 7th ($80); 8th ($70); 9th ($60); 10th ($50); 11th ($40); 12th ($30); 13th – 15th ($20 each)
Women Category : 1st ($100 + T); 2nd ($$80 +T); 3rd ($50 +T); 4th ($30); 5th ($20)
Seniors Category : 1st ($100 + T); 2nd ($$80 +T); 3rd ($50 +T); 4th ($30); 5th ($20)
Boys Under-20 Category : 1st ($50); 2nd ($$30); 3rd ($20); 4th ($10); 5th ($10)
Girls Under-20 Category : 1st ($50); 2nd ($$30); 3rd ($20); 4th ($10); 5th ($10)
Boys Under-10, Under-12, Under-14 and Under-16 Categories : Trophies for Top 5 in each category
Girls Under-10, Under-12, Under-14 and Under-16 Categories : Trophies for Top 5 in each category
*T = Trophy
(B) Team Section
Racial Harmony Team (Open) Category : 1st ($200); 2nd ($160); 3rd ($120); 4th ($80); 5th ($40)
Racial Harmony Team Age-Group (U10, U14 and U20 ) Categories : Trophies for each member of Top 3 Teams
4. Fair-Play Measures
• Final ranking and prizes will be confirmed following post-tournament games review. This will be reviewed by the Fair-Play Committee which includes GM Kevin Goh and GM Andrey Kvon. The Organiser will take the decision of this Panel as final.
• Any participant flagged by the server for violation of its Fair Play policy will be barred from receiving prizes. If the participant is a member of a team, the whole team will be barred from team prizes. Please encourage your teammates to play fairly and honestly!
• During games, players are required to join the tournament zoom call with their video cameras turned on and without a virtual background
• Tournament arbiters may specify additional fair-play measures where applicable.
Should you require clarification, please email us at [email protected].